41st Jack Bristol Ultramarathon
April 26th marks the 41st Annual Jack Bristol Ultra Race around Lake Waramaug. For more information or to register, see their website: Jack Bristol Lake Waramaug Ultras.
Road Alert: Residents, please note the date and time of this event via the link above.
Save the date for the Annual Meeting on June 7 at 2:00 p.m.
LWA will hold its Annual Membership Meeting at the Lake Waramaug Country Club. You'll learn about the latest developments in the protection and preservation of Lake Waramaug and meet and greet your neighbors! Mark your calendar and plan to attend.
We have posted:
- A PDF of our Summer Newsletter
- Minutes of our June 8, 2014 Annual Meeting
- The Spring 2014 Newsletter & new "Keeper Sheet"
- Minutes of our September 2013 Joint Meeting with LWTF
- Information on a recent Black Bear Sighting
- A new page on the Association's History
- Minutes of our June 2013 Annual Meeting
- Minutes of our September 2012 Joint Meeting with LWTF
- A new Lost & Found procedure can be found on our "Recreation" page.
- Our Community page has two essays by Christine Adams Beckett and a profile of Les Ernhout by Sophia Schein. And we welcome your photos of the lake.
- a PDF of our Summer 2012 Newsletter.
The Lake Waramaug Task Force and the Association have been instrumental in the adoption of a new Connecticut law that will restrict the use of phosphorous in fertilizers.
Lake Waramaug Task Force has posted:
- Fall 2014 Newsletter
- The 2013 Annual Summary Report
- "Saving Lake Waramaug" video
- State Guide to Invasive Aquatic Plants
Mary Harwood's splendid A History of Lake Waramaug has been reprinted by the Association. Copies are available ($25) at Association meetings and at the Hickory Stick Bookshop in Washington Depot. Our thanks to the Hickory Stick for doing this as a community service without charge to the Association. Buy other books and gifts when you are there and enjoy the benefits of being able to shop locally!
From time to time, we notify our membership by email of town and commission meetings and other events. If you would like to be notified, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "notify me" in the subject line.
You can download these PDFs of our Newsletters:
- Summer 2012
- Spring 2012
- Summer 2011
- Summer 2010
- Spring 2009
- George Knoecklein's 2008 PowerPoint presentation on invasive plants. (You can download the PowerPoint Viewer here.)
Home | News | Checklist | Building & Landscaping | Safety | Recreation | Contact Us Copyright © 2006-2015 Lake Waramaug Association. All rights reserved.